Your Choice For Personal Injury Attorneys In California’s Central Valley
If you are injured in an accident, it’s important to seek the necessary medical evaluation and treatment of your injuries right away. If you don’t obtain proper medical care, the insurance company of the party that caused the accident will question how seriously you were injured.
At McKnight and McKnight Law, APC, in Bakersfield, California, our personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about your accident and to explain your rights.
Our attorneys know California personal injury law inside and out. We represent people in all types of accidents:
- Auto accidents – We represent victims of car, truck, motorcycle and other types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Unsafe products – Few manufacturers are willing to admit their products are dangerous. It usually takes a lawyer’s help to prove your case.
- Brain injuries – We represent victims of accidents resulting in traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other brain injuries.
- Oil production accidents – Oil companies often control the flow of information after an accident. To protect your rights, contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
- Construction injuries – If you were injured on a construction site, you may have a personal injury case.
- Fatal accidents – When a family loses a loved one, a lawyer can help the family deal with the legal and financial issues that arise.
To recover the full compensation you are due, you should discuss your case with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. You should never make a recorded statement to the other side’s insurance company without legal advice. The insurance company adjuster will look for ways to minimize the amount of money they have to pay you. If they can avoid responsibility, they will.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
There are no upfront costs involved in hiring a personal injury attorney. These cases are taken on contingency fees, which means that you do not pay us anything unless we recover compensation for you. When we win a jury award or negotiate a favorable settlement, we take our fee from the compensation you receive. If we do not get compensation for you, you pay us nothing.
Wouldn’t it be faster to just take the insurance company’s first offer?
It would likely be faster, but not better. Insurance companies are not here to serve you; they are a business, and they are here to make money. Their first offer, and possibly all of their offers, may be far less money than you need.
Remember that you will need compensation for a range of losses, including medical bills, lost income, lost benefits, pain and suffering, property damage and possibly more. No insurance company is just going to hand out that amount of compensation without a fight. You need an attorney to protect your interests.
Will I have to go to court for a personal injury case?
The overwhelming majority of cases settle out of court, using negotiation, mediation services or another method of alternative dispute resolution. Neither side in a lawsuit wants to go to trial, because it is time-consuming and costly for all parties involved.
However, when the opposing party, usually an insurance company in these cases, refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will take the case to trial. Our attorneys have the experience and tenacity it takes to fight an insurance company in court. We know what type of evidence we need to make a strong case for full and fair compensation for our clients.
In the unlikely event that your case goes to trial, we will thoroughly prepare you if you have to testify. We will be at your side throughout the process.