Motor Vehicle Accidents Are Rarely Just Accidents
Every year, tens of thousands of people in the United States are killed in accidents caused by careless drivers. Hundreds of thousands more suffer painful and debilitating injuries. While today’s cars and trucks are equipped with more safety features than ever, today’s drivers are also more distracted than ever, and many continue to engage in dangerous driving behaviors like speeding and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
At McKnight and McKnight Law, APC, we are committed to making careless drivers and their insurance companies pay when they injure innocent people. For more than 30 years, our attorneys have been providing legal options, answers and representation to individuals and families in California’s Central Valley. We are here to help you get the compensation for everything you have lost.
Accidents rarely happen just by accident. In most cases, a driver chose to engage in behavior that endangered the lives of other people. Here are just a few examples:
- Talking or texting on a cellphone while driving
- Getting behind the wheel after drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Not paying attention to traffic signs or signals
At McKnight and McKnight Law, APC, we are committed to making our roads safer by holding reckless drivers accountable when they choose to drive unsafely and cause accidents that injure innocent people. For more than 30 years, our attorneys have been providing legal options and representation to people throughout California’s Central Valley who have been injured in car, truck, motorcycle and other types of motor vehicle accidents. Our law office is in Bakersfield.
The Strong Legal Representation You Need To Get Results
The civil justice system can make unsafe drivers and their insurance companies pay — but only if you act promptly. It’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Every accident that results in injury must be thoroughly examined and investigated to collect and preserve evidence of liability. Our lawyers work with skilled investigators and accident reconstruction experts who can collect cellphone records, witness statements and other evidence that can be crucial in proving your case.
Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who are often able to recover just compensation for your injuries and personal and financial losses outside of court. In cases where an insurance company plays hardball and is not willing to provide the compensation you deserve, we do not shy away from taking your case to court.
Contact Us Today For A Free Case Evaluation
If you or your spouse or child suffered a brain injury, broken bones, or injuries to the back or neck in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, we are here to listen and act on your behalf. Call a lawyer at our Bakersfield law office today at 661-578-5669, or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. Hablamos español.
The following pages provide more information about motor vehicle accidents:
- Truck accidents — Crucial evidence such as the driver logbook and vehicle photos must be preserved before they are lost, altered or unavailable.
- Motorcycle accidents — Motorcycle riders often need help to overcome bias.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist claims — It’s important to cover yourself at least as well as your policy covers other people.
- Airplane and bus accidents — Our lawyers represent victims of mass transportation accidents including bus, train and airplane accidents.