For most of us, driving every day whether to work or to run errands is almost on auto-pilot mode. We don’t really give it a second thought. That is until we are involved in a serious car or auto accident. In just one instant, a person’s life can change forever. It is important as licensed driver in the State of California to really understand just how dangerous driving can be.
- There were a total of 156,909 injury collisions related to motor vehicles
- Out of those collisions, 2,853 were fatal collisions
- A total of 223,128 people suffered an injury as a result of a motor vehicle collision
- 3,104 people died as a result of a motor vehicle collision
- The mileage date rate for the year was 0.94
- On average, every three minutes and seventeen seconds a fatal or injury traffic collision was reported
- On average, every two minutes and twenty-one seconds a person died as a result of a motor vehicle collision
These are chilling statistics about what can happen every year on roadways in California. The important thing to take away from this is to be alert when you are driving. Pull yourself out of the auto-pilot mode and try to be aware of the risks that surround you everyday when you drive on the roads, interstates or highways in California.
Another thing to take away is what to do you if you unfortunately become part of the statistics for motor vehicle injury collisions. Whether your injury is very serious or your loved one dies as a result of his or her auto accident injuries, it is important to take immediate steps towards proper legal action. You should never count on your insurance company to do this on your behalf. They are likely only looking out for their business’s best interests.
Discuss your serious car accident case with an experienced personal injury attorney in the Bakersfield, California, area. By getting proper legal counsel, you can explore your legal options.